Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 1 of 51 Days of ART or the Shell of a Nut left Upon my Doorstep


A few weeks ago I found this open walnut shell on the back steps of our screened in porch just sitting there waiting to be picked up.  As you can see it has the shape of a heart inside of it.  I brought it inside and after showing it to my husband; placed it on a shelf for the day that I would have time to use it as a subject for a watercolor painting. Today I took the walnut shell off of its shelf, poured myself a cup of tea, and started a watercolor journal page using the shell as the subject.  Today is the first of 51 days that I have chosen to take off from my day job and follow my heart and dreams of creating art every day. I thought it befitting to start this journey of the heart making a watercolor sketch of the heart within the shell that nature left for me to find.   I invite you to join me on this quest, follow your heart, follow your dreams, and share with me the tales you have to tell of your travels as I will share with you mine. 

“ Sometimes you gotta let your heart lead you, even if you know its someplace you know you’re not supposed to be”         -Van Wilder 

“Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love.  It will not lead you astray.”       - Rumi, Essential Rumi

3 comments: