Friday, June 2, 2017

Trying to get back into a routine

I had a pretty busy time getting ready for and attending the Artistic Figures in Cloth and Clay Conference in Ohio and then very shortly afterwards attending the Quinlan Art Doll and Teddy Bear Conference in Philadelphia.  After arriving home I needed some time to decompress so what better thing to do than to chase all that is shiny down the rabbit hole again!   Nicola Battilana has a tutorial on her Pixie Hill Etsy shop on how to make fairy garden teacups.  You can find her tutorials in her shop here

Fairy Garden Teacups created by Marla Niederer from Nicoloa Battilana's design
Of course I had to make some fairy garden teacups before starting to work on my art dolls again!  I made them to give as gifts but of course had to keep one for myself.

I also thought you might enjoy some pictures of dolls made by one of my students Vicki Petticord. 
 
Vicki Petticord with two of her Flower Faeries from a class taught by Marla Niederer
She took the Goddess class I taught at AFICC and made her doll into The Girl Next Door!  I always love to see how my students put their own mark onto the dolls they create from the classes I teach. 
"The Girl Next Door"  by Vicki Petticord from the Goddess class taught by Marla Niederer
Vicki also took my online class Mistique and made this beautiful doll from the class.
Mistique by Vicki Petticord from class taught by Marla Niederer
Close up of Mistique by Vicki Petticord from class taught by Marla Niederer
Until next time…..
Warm hugs,
Marla
Flower Faeries by Marla Niederer
If you wish to take a class it’s not too late to join in on the Flower Faeries online class on Aforartistic here

1 comment: