Saturday, February 13, 2016

New Eye Technique

I am always trying to develop new and better techniques with my doll making so that my art reflects more of what is in my mind.  I haven’t been satisfied with the eyes I have been making on my needle sculpted dolls and have been contemplating the subject for quite some time.  Last spring I came up with a way to cover a wooden bead with cloth and insert it into the needle sculpted head.  It was a pretty cool technique but it just didn’t hit the mark of what I saw in my head when I looked at the finished dolls.  So I set the idea aside until quite recently when a new idea just popped into my head.  The eyes on this doll are completely needle sculpted in cloth. I may play with it a bit more before teaching the technique in one of my classes. 


If you are interested in taking a needle sculpting class I am currently teaching my online Flower Faeries class on AforArtistic.  To find out more information and to sign up for it click on the following link to AforArtistic
http://www.aforartistic.com/flower-fairies-with-marla-l-niederer-cloth-doll-artist.html

No comments:

Post a Comment