Monday, June 18, 2018

Pretty Little Things

I thought I would share with you some of the things you will find in my studio.  The first thing you will see is my featherweight sewing machine.  It was made in Great Britain during the 1950s.  It only can sew one type of stitch, the straight stitch, but it sews this stitch better than any other machine I have ever owned.  It is perfect for all of my doll making machine sewing.
 
My Favorite Sewing Machine
 I picked it up in an antique show quite a few years ago and ever since then every time I look at it a smile just comes to my face.  I don’t know who owned it before me but I like to think that a lot of happy things were created with this machine before it came home with me to my studio.
 
Sewing Companion by Marla L. Niederer
The second thing you will see in my studio is my Sewing Companion which I designed and created.  She is needle sculpted cloth and hand painted with watercolors.  She wears a pincushion hat and a scissor keeper on the front of her skirt. 
 
Sewing Companion by Marla L. Niederer
Of course I had to create a beaded fob for the scissor she wears!
 
Sewing Companion by Marla L. Niederer
I just posted a new video of a project I have recently completed on my Facebook page: OrsinisAngels
if you wish to stop by for a look.

Until next time……….
Warm hugs,
Marla

2 comments:

  1. Your SEWING COMPANION is fabulous! You should write up a pattern for us to sale, Gloria@dollstreetdreamers.com
    I just love her! Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sewing machine. And the sewing companion doll is gorgeous. I could imagine her as a sewing machine cover, but then she would have to be really huge, way out of my comfort zone, I only make tiny dolls. But maybe something you want to try?

    ReplyDelete