Saturday, July 16, 2022

Mermaids

 

Mermaid Watercolor painting by Marla L. Niederer

This summer I’ve been working on a few mermaids.  I started out being inspired by a Jane Davenport book on mermaids and painted this.

Mermaids by Marla L. Niederer inspired by Jane Davenport's book on mermaids


I then was inspired by a Toni Burt mini class for Kalidoscope 2022 her session and created this journal page.

Art Journal page by Marla L. Niederer inspired by Tony Burt's Kaleidoscope session


I then created this Mermaid watercolor painting.   I won't even tell you that I was listening to ocean sounds and had seashells on my desk while I was painting. I also won't tell you that I recently purchased a set of mermaid paintbrushes either lol!

 

Mermaid watercolor painting by Marla L. Niederer

My fascination with mermaids is far from over so I will probably create a few more mermaid projects this summer.

 

My watercolor painting desk

I also wanted to share that I have a few original digital download paper dolls available in my shop now.  They can be used for personal card making, art journaling, junk journaling, shelf decorations, party activities, amongst other personal creative pursuits that you may fancy.

 

You can see more about my original Little Fox digital paper doll and purchase her if you wish by clicking on her picture below.

 

Little Fox Digital Paper Doll by Marla L. Niederer

You can see more about my Fairy Digital Paper Doll Estelle and purchase her if you wish by clicking on her picture below.

 

Estelle Fairy Digital Paper Doll by Marla L. Niederer

You can see a free video on how I assembled and decorated my paper doll Estelle on my OrsinisAngels YouTube channel by clicking on the picture below.

 

Estelle Paper Doll Assembly free tutorial by Marla L. Niederer

If you wish to see and find out about my self-study classes you can click on the picture below.

 

Self Study Classes by Marla L. Niederer

If you wish to see all of my free video tutorials on my OrsinisAngels YouTube channel just click on the picture below.

 

Free video tutorials by Marla L. Niederer

To see all of my free tutorials click on the picture below.

 

Free tutorials by Marla L. Niederer

To find out more about me just click on my picture below.

 

About Me

Until next time…….

 

Warm hugs,

Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment