Thursday, January 4, 2024

Wishing You a Very Happy New Year!

 
Bear and Raccoon Magic needle sculpted dolls by Marla Niederer

I hope the New Year has been off to a wonderful start for you.  If you weren’t aware I’ve been busy creating a variety of free tutorials on my OrsinisAngels YouTube Channel.  I just recently posted one on how to needle sculpt a flat doll face to give it more dimension.  I will add a link to it below if you wish to watch it.

 

Needle Sculpting a Cloth Doll Face with Marla Niederer

Also, recently I have been chasing a new artistic rabbit hole!  I’ve been reading quite a bit about the impressionist artists in Paris.  It started with reading a novel about Degas and Mary Cassatt.  Of course, that led to a visit to the art museum in Ottawa, Canada to spend a day sketching.  I took a class on Ivy Newport’s website about Degas and have been studying the works of Mary Cassatt on my own.  They both predominantly used oils and pastels.  But, since I always need to do my own thing artistically, I have been translating their techniques and use of color into watercolors as a learning process.

These are some of the art I have been doing as a result.

 

Watercolor studies in process by Marla Niederer inspired by Mary Cassatt

Sketch by Marla Niederer inspired by Degas and class by Ivy Newport

If you wish to purchase a self-study class just click on the picture below to see all that are available in my OrsinisAngels shop on Etsy.

 

Self Study classes by Marla Niederer

I also offer instant downloadable digital collage sheets for your mixed media, art journaling, and mixed media projects in my OrsinisAngels Etsy shop.  Just click on the picture below to see all the digital downloads available.

 

Digital collage sheets by Marla Niederer

If you wish to see the free tutorial on how to needle sculpt a flat doll face click on the picture below to see it on my OrsinisAngels YouTube channel.

 

Needle sculpting a cloth doll face free tutorial with Marla Niederer

If you wish to see more of my free tutorials click on the picture below to see my OrsinisAngels YouTube Channel.

 

Free Tutorials by Marla Niederer on OrsinisAngels YouTube Channel

Until next time……..

 

Warm hugs,

Marla

 

No comments:

Post a Comment