Friday, June 21, 2019

Thunder: Second Portrait for 40 Portrait Challenge


I wanted to share with you my second portrait for the 40 portrait challenge. 
Thunder by Marla L. Niederer

This is a portrait of Thunder Awesome Niederer.  He is one of the kindest, intelligent, amusing, and most awesome human beings to walk upon the earth.  He also happens to be our beloved son.
Graphite sketch for Thunder by Marla L. Niederer

I started the portrait in water soluble graphite pencil and then did several layers of watercolors.
I have started working on portrait number three but am still in the initial phases. 
 
Initial watercolor layers for Thunder by Marla L. Niederer
My class Sleeping Mermaids is winding down but getting ready for my next online class The Goddess. Hope to see you in class!
 
Sleeping Mermaids by Marla L. Niederer
The Goddess by Marla L. Niederer

Until next time…….
warm hugs,
Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment