Sunday, May 22, 2022

Enjoying the warm weather

 

photo by Marla L. Niederer

I started out this month by renting a cottage on Wellesley Island not too far from where I live.  It was such a beautiful and relaxing way to start the warm weather season.  I hope you have been enjoying some nice weather lately too.  It’s so uplifting to be able to be outside in the warmth and sunshine again.

 

photo by Marla L. Niederer

While on the island I really didn’t do as much art work as I thought I would but enjoyed the time I spent with family and all the beautiful views.  The cottage has a screened in porch facing the river and had spectacular views of the sunset each night.

 

photo by Marla L. Niederer

When I returned home from the trip it was just in time to find everything turning green and all the trees were budding.  I love the vibrancy of spring in Northern New York. 

 

photo by Marla L. Niederer

  Last night my beloved husband and I found a sweet not so little doe in our backyard. We are often able to watch the deer in the fields outside our windows.   It is such a blessing to be able to live here surrounded by such beauty.

 

Watercolor sketch by Marla L. Niederer

As far as art work that I have been working on lately, I’ve been working on a paper doll project that I can’t share just yet but will soon.  I’ve also been trying to work in my sketchbooks more often.  I started a teacup sketchbook using water-soluble ink and watercolors.

 

Watercolor sketch by Marla L. Niederer

I’ve also been taking an online class from Danielle Donaldson on how to paint watercolor bonsai trees.  I really enjoy her classes but don’t have a lot to show yet but will share when I get further along in the class. 

I hope you have been enjoying a creative week too.

To view my latest free OrsinisAngels YouTube video click on the picture below

 

Watercolor portrait demo by Marla L. Niederer

To see all of my free OrsinisAngels YouTube videos click on the picture below.

 

Free video tutorials by Marla Niederer on OrsinisAngels channel

If you wish to see my self-study classes click on the picture below.

 

Self-Study classes by Marla L. Niederer

To see all of my free tutorials click on the picture below.

 

Free Tutorials by Marla L. Niederer

To find out more about me click on my picture below.

 

About Me

Until next time…….

Warm hugs,

Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment