Saturday, March 26, 2016

Early French Mignonette

I have been working on an early French Mignonette inspired doll off and on for quite some time.  This week I have been working on her costume.  She still needs shoes, hair, and more embellishments.  
The early French Mignonette dolls were “pocket” dolls that could be taken anywhere by their lucky owners.  The early ones were bisque, jointed, and had inset eyes.  My inspired doll is a needle sculpted cloth ball jointed doll.  She is hand painted with watercolors and has a unique needle sculpting technique around the eyes to give the illusion of inset eyes.  
While researching this project I learned some interesting information about the bisque mignonette dolls which I will share with you in my next post.  Until then wishing you a very creative week.
warm hugs,
Marla

2 comments: