Saturday, November 10, 2018

Some of the Perks of teaching live doll making classes

I just love teaching doll making classes, both in person, and online!  I come across some of the nicest and most interesting people that way.  I also get to travel and do a bit of sightseeing when I go to different places to teach.
 
Indianapolis canal
During the class I taught in Indianapolis this fall I was hosted by the most lovely couple, Julie & Ron Gausvik.
Not only did they welcome me into their beautiful home while I was there to teach they also took me on a tour of the local sights during my stay.
 
Julie & Ron with some of their beautiful dolls
These are some more of the lovely dolls that grace Julie & Ron’s home.
 
Dolls in Julie & Ron's home
They even took me to the Indianapolis Canal where I was able to do some plein air painting!  This is the painting I did there and the unfinished one is what I am working on from it in my studio.
 
Watercolors by Marla L. Niederer

They also took me to see the Indianapolis String Quartet which was absolutely wonderful.  Of course I had to do some sketching of the String Quartet on my program.  This is a sketch of them that I completed when I got home.
String Quartet by Marla L. Niederer

Until next time……
warm hugs,
Marla
 
Moulin Rouge Dancers by Marla L. Niederer
If you are interested in taking a live doll making class from me I am scheduled to teach my Moulin Rouge Dolls workshop at Artistic Figures in Cloth & Clay in Columbus Ohio April 25th – 28, 2019
 
La Fae Verte by Marla L. Niederer wearing dragonfly wings for class in Philadelphia
I am also scheduled to teach a class on how to make dragonfly wings for dolls and bears at the Philadelphia Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Convention May 2nd -4th
Flower Faeries by Marla L. Niederer

And if you don't want to wait until spring, I just put my Flower Faeries E-class Step by step photo tutorial in my shop.  They were inspired by fall colors.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/OrsinisAngels

No comments:

Post a Comment