Wednesday, December 5, 2018

I thought I would share what has been on my workbench lately

Just before I went to Indianapolis this fall to teach my Sleeping Mermaid class my favorite sewing machine stopped working.  I didn’t have time to play with it until I returned from my trip and it needed a new belt.  I have never changed one before so I watched quite a few YouTube videos from the Singer Featherweight Shop and finally was able to get it working again.  While I was at it I polished it with Caruba wax and it now looks and runs like new!
 
My Singer Featherweight
This is a good thing because right now I am getting materials ready to teach my Moulin Rouge Dancers at AFICC this spring.
 
Moulin Rouge Dancers by Marla L. Niederer
I did get a little off task though.  My granddaughter is really into dragons now so I decided to design and create one just for her.  It is kind of a silly project but I had so much fun making it!   I thought I would share with you a few process and completed photos of the dragon. 
 
Needle sculpting the dragon head

Sewing the wings to the dragon

Completed dragon  for my granddaughter

close up of dragon by Marla L. Niederer

Rear view of dragon by Marla L. Niederer


If you are interested in taking a live doll making class from me I am scheduled to teach my Moulin Rouge Dolls workshop at Artistic Figures in Cloth & Clay in Columbus Ohio April 25th – 28, 2019
 
Moulin Rouge Dancer by Marla L. NIederer

I am also scheduled to teach a class on how to make dragonfly wings for dolls and bears at the Philadelphia Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Convention May 2nd -4th
 
La Fae Verte with her dragonfly wings by Marla L. Niederer

And if you don’t want to wait until spring, there are several new instant downloadable PDF tutorials in my shop
Mistique by Marla L. Niederer

Until next time……..

warm hugs,
Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment