Friday, December 28, 2018

Wishing you a Wonderful New Year

I can’t believe another year has just about ended.  It seems like it just fluttered by so quickly!  I don’t really make New Year resolutions but like to take some time to reflect upon the past year and think about changes I would like to see in the coming New Year. 


When I look back over the year I find myself quite thankful.  I continue to be blessed with the comfort of family and friends whose company I enjoy.
 
Bob & I
Vola & Jason
My doll making has resulted in some travel this past year. I really enjoyed seeing new places, visiting with friends made on previous trips, and making new friends as a result.
California seaside
 
Kathryn & Julie
I started to paint and sketch wherever I go.  This has become such a joyful part of my life and helps me grow as an artist.
My paintbox and painting of flowers while downstate NY
 
Indianapolis University Quartet
I was able to have a second critique done on my art dolls by three amazing NIADA artists, Donna May Robinson, Sandra Oglesby, and Tanya Buckley Marriott.  If you never had a formal NIADA critique done on your work, it is an absolutely wonderful experience.  It’s like having a private class focused specifically on improving your own work by the most talented doll artists in the world.  It doesn’t get better than that!
 
Moulin Rouge Dancers by Marla Niederer
I’ve learned how to slow my pace a bit more this past year and take the time to enjoy all that surrounds me. 
 
Outside my living room window
I have accomplished some goals this past year and look forward to working on some new ones in the New Year.
 
Sketchbook page by Marla L. Niederer
I hope your New Year is filled with much laughter, love, good health, a comfortable home in which you may rest, and many art supplies to keep your creativity flowing!


Until next time………

warm hugs,
Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment