Monday, March 9, 2020

Taking Online Classes

I have been teaching online classes for quite some time and have several classes lined up to teach for this spring and summer.
I will be teaching my Moulin Rouge Dancers Class on A for Artistic  this May.
 
Moulin Rouge Dancers by Marla L. Niederer
But, I am also having quite a bit of fun taking a yearlong online class focusing on figurative art called Let’s Face it 2020 on Kara Bullock’s website.  It is inspiring me to make painting part of my weekly practice which can only enhance my doll making skills.
 
Watercolor by Marla L. Niederer
This is a watercolor sketch of my granddaughter.  I am still working on trying to create a painting of her that is as beautiful as she is.  Better luck next time.
 
Graphite sketch of Miss Dora by Marla L. Niederer
This is a graphite sketch of a delightful woman named Miss Dora that I met at a Rockabilly Festival last summer. The techniques I used were inspired by the lesson that Angela Kennedy presented.
 
Pen & Ink and Watercolor by Marla L. Niederer
This is a pen and ink with watercolor sketch that I did inspired by the lesson Lucy Cooke presented.
 
"Beloved"   watercolors by Marla L. Niederer
This is a watercolor painting I did inspired by the lesson Katrina Koltes presented.  For the face I used her reference photo but then I went off on my own little tangent and added a scene in her hair of my husband in Kingston Ontario from our visit there last summer.  My beloved is the center of my universe.
 
Watercolor by Marla L. Niederer
This watercolor is inspired by all of the lessons so far and Zaida Ben-Yusif who was the first female photographer to use photography as an art form.  I used her self-portrait that I found on Wikipedia for a reference photo.

Hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my work.

Until next time…..

warm hugs,
Marla




No comments:

Post a Comment