Saturday, October 30, 2021

Halloween Paper Doll Exchange

 

Halloween Paper Doll designed and created by Marla L. Niederer

I hope you have been enjoying the Halloween season this year.  I can’t tell you how much fun it has been for me this particular Halloween season as a result of participating in a Halloween Paper Doll Exchange through the Facebook Progressive Paper Doll Party group.

 

First draft of paper doll by Marla L. Niederer

Before I joined the group, I must admit, I had never designed a paper doll before.  What inspired me to join the group was seeing a paper doll posted on Facebook by one of my Facebook friends to this group.  They are such a talented group that after viewing it I had to join in the fun!

 

Second draft of paper doll by Marla L. Niederer

So after joining the Bell, Book, & Cauldron challenge I threw myself into designing and creating a Halloween paper doll to meet the challenge requirements.  It was such fun to do.  To get the paper doll the way I wanted I went through several versions first before designing my final one. 

 

Final draft of paper doll by Marla L. Niederer

The process I used was to draw by hand all of the elements for the paper doll and background.  I then scanned them into my computer and added them to my Silhouette Cameo 4 (a cutting machine) software.  The software has a print and cut feature, so I was able to print the elements out onto cardstock, color them with watercolor pencils, and then send it back into my Silhouette Cameo to have all of the pieces cut.

 

Halloween Paper Doll by Marla L. LNiederer

After putting the piece together I mailed it to the group member I was assigned to share my Bell, Book, & Cauldron Paper doll with.

 

Exchange Paper Doll package sent to me by Marilou Bain

After all of that fun, I received this amazing package in the mail from Marilou Bain, another member of the Progressive Paper Doll Party group!  The package was beautifully presented wrapped in orange and black tulle.  It was almost too pretty to open. 

 

Witches' shoe created by Marilou Bain

When I opened it almost everything was tucked inside of a witches’ shoe.  There was an articulated witch paper doll, a recipe for cookies, a cauldron filled with all kinds of delights including a recipe for cookies.

 

Pumpkins and brooms created by Marilou Bain

Pumpkin and recipe card created by Marilou Bain


 In addition to all of these lovely items was a handmade card to go along with everything.

 

Halloween card created by Marilou Bain

 All of the items were created meticulously and sprinkled with German glass glitter.  What a delightful gift!  Thank you so much Marilou!

 

Halloween items created by Marilou Bain at home on my fireplace mantle

If you are still feeling in the Halloween mood I have a free video tutorial on my OrsinisAngels YouTube channel on how to decorate a needle sculpted face to look like a Sugar skull for a necklace focal point.

 

Free tutorial on how to decorate a needle sculpted head to look like a sugar skull by Marla L. Niederer


The complete downloadable PDF tutorial for the necklace is available in my shop here.

 

Dia De Los Muertos Necklace self study class by Marla L. Niederer


You can find out about more of my self-study classes by clicking on the picture below. 

 

Self Study Classes by Marla L. Niederer


You can find out about all the free tutorials I offer by clicking on the picture below.  It will also bring you to my newest free video tutorials on my OrsinisAngels YouTube channel

 

Free tutorials by Marla L. Niederer


If you want to find out more about me click on my picture below.

 

About Me


Until next time…….

 

warm hugs,

 

Marla

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment