Saturday, January 15, 2022

Beadwork, Ruins, and Paper doll Project

 

beading on a Clover loom

It’s been really cold where I live lately so it’s nice to play with some beadwork in the evening all cozy inside.  I just started playing with loom beadwork on a Clover beading loom.  I find it really relaxing and fun to do but it’s still a bit of a learning curve for me.   I am trying to figure out how to add clasps to the bracelet without lining it with suede and still have it look finished instead of boho.  I used C-lon for the loom threads and when I added the clasp it looked messier than I would have liked.  I think I will try the Nymo thread next time and see how that works.  I do enjoy the experimenting process of new projects and figuring out new techniques.

 

loom beaded bracelet by Marla L. Niederer

I also went exploring the ruins of an old foundry near where I live recently.  The goal was to go plein air painting but quite frankly it was too cold!  So I thought I would share some photos I took with you.  I may start some paintings at home and then return when it’s a tad bit warmer!

 

photo by Marla L. Niederer

photo by Marla L. Niederer

photo by Marla L. Niederer

I also can’t wait to share with you the newest paper doll project I have been working on but since it is part of an exchange in a group I belong to I have to wait until everyone has a chance to receive theirs first.  The theme is a Winter’s Tail.   Can’t wait to show you what I came up with for it!

I also wanted to share with you that my Sleeping Mermaid Class is now a self study class.  You can find out more about it by clicking on the picture below.

 

Sleeping Mermaid Self Study Class by Marla L. Niederer

To see more of my self study classes click on the picture below.

 

Self Study Classes by Marla L. Niederer

To go to my OrsinisAngels YouTube Channel where all of my free video tutorials can be found, click on the picture below

 

OrsinisAngels YouTube Channel

To see all of my free tutorials you can click on the picture below

 

Free Tutorials by Marla L. Niederer

To find out more about me click on my picture below

 

About Me

Until next time……….

 

Warm hugs,

Marla

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment