Saturday, January 1, 2022

New Free Travel Watercolor Paint box Tutorial and Happy Accidents

 


I would like to wish all of you a Happy New Year! 

 

Coconut Flan

I know many of you have heard of happy little accidents that can happen in the art studio but I recently experienced a happy little accident in the kitchen.  I wanted to try to make flan during the holiday season as a dessert and had never made it before.  The last time I had it was when my son made it a few years ago.  I had it very often as a dessert growing up.  The recipe I used called for a can of evaporated milk and a can of sweetened condensed milk.  I thought I had both ingredients when getting ready to make the flan only to to find out that I was missing the sweetened condensed milk.  I did have sweetened coconut milk though.  Well, I substituted the sweetened coconut milk for the sweetened condensed milk.  I wasn’t sure how it would turn out and warned my family before we each had a piece for dessert.  Well it turned out amazing and my family loved it!  It’s so nice to be surprised by happy little accidents no matter where they occur (If you are interested in the recipe I will add it at the end of this post). 

 

Travel Watercolor tin by Marla L. Niederer

To start the year off I would like to share with you a new free video tutorial on how to create your own pretty little travel watercolor paint box to take with you wherever you may wish to paint.  I love to surround myself with pretty little things especially in my studio.  To see the tutorial just click on the picture below and it will take you right to the video on my OrsinisAngels YouTube channel.

 

Free DIY Travel Watercolor Tin Tutorial by Marla L. Niederer

I also wanted to share with you that my Sleeping Mermaid Class is now a self study class.  You can find out more about it by clicking on the picture below.

 

Sleeping Mermaids Self Study E-Class by Marla L. Niederer

To see more of my self study classes click on the picture below.

 

Self Study E-Classes by Marla L. Niederer

To go to my OrsinisAngels YouTube Channel where all of my free video tutorials can be found, click on the picture below

 

OrsinisAngels YouTube free video tutorials by Marla L. Niederer

To see all of my free tutorials you can click on the picture below

 

Free Tutorials by Marla L. Niederer

To find out more about me click on my picture below

About Me

Here is the recipe for my amazing Coconut Flan.  Enjoy!

 Coconut Flan

Ingredients:

·       1 cup sugar

·       5 eggs

·       1 (11 ounce) can sweetened condensed coconut milk

·       1 can (12 fluid ounce) plus 3 ounces evaporated milk

·       1 tablespoon vanilla extract

 

1.      Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2.    With an electric mixer beat the five eggs well until nice and frothy.

3.    In saucepan over very low heat melt sugar along with a few tablespoons of water until sugar is liquefied and golden in color.  Be careful not to overheat and burn the sugar.

4.   Carefully pour the sugar into a 9 inch baking dish and evenly coat the bottom.

5.    Add the rest of the ingredients to the eggs and mix until smooth.

6.    Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish.

7.    Lightly tent the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes or until completely cooked through. Cool completely.

8.    To serve, carefully invert on serving plate with edges.  If trouble releasing place baking dish in container of warm water.

Enjoy!

 Until next time........

warm hugs,

Marla

 

No comments:

Post a Comment