Friday, December 18, 2020

More Holiday Decorations

 I shared with you last week my art doll tree.  This week I thought I would share some of the other decorations I have up for the holidays this year.

 

3D printed ornaments made by Jason Niederer in a wooden bowl turned by Bob Niederer

This is a wooden bowl made by my beloved husband filled with 3D printed ornaments made by our son Jason, pine cones, and a decoupage tea light holder that I created quite some time ago.

 





I was really into decoupage quite some time ago and decoupaged cones to hang from the dining room chairs during the holidays.  I just fill them with greenery and tie them on with a ribbon.

 


This is the chandelier we have over our dining room table.  I decided to hang some clear angel ornaments from it this year.

 


This is our dining room table centerpiece.  The nutcrackers have been around for awhile and so has the fairy lamp.  I used to collect fairy lamps enthralled with their story.  When a young couple was courting the parents would light a fairy lamp in the sitting room.  When the candle went out it was time for the young ladies suitor to go home.  I love the fairy lamps glow when lit with a tea light inside.

 


I usually put up two trees in our home each holiday.  One is a theme tree which I change from time to time (the art doll tree from last week’s post) and the other is our family tree where we put up ornaments collected through the years.  We used to put up a large tree for the family tree but the past few years we have just used two small trees to decorate just because it is easier to decorate and find space to put them.  This is the family tree filled with ornaments made by Jason when he was little and new ornaments made by our granddaughter Ada.  It always makes me smile to see the tree when I enter the room.

 



This is how I decorated the fireplace in the living room this year.  I made the Little Lion, Princess, and Santa on the mantle placed on each stocking holder.  I also made the stockings quite sometime ago. My beloved husband made the wooden family crest behind the decorations.

 


I’m already thinking about different ways to decorate next year!

 

If you wish to see the video of my art doll tree just click on the picture link below.

 

OrsinisAngels 2020 Art doll tree video


You can find out about my self study classes by clicking on the picture below.

 

Self Study Classes


You can find out about the Little Lion and Little Santa Art dolls I have for sale by clicking on the picture below.

 

Art Dolls for Sale


You can find out about all the free tutorials I offer by clicking on the picture below.

 

Free Tutorials


If you want to find out more about me click on my picture below.

 

About Me


Until next time…….

 

warm hugs,

Marla

 

No comments:

Post a Comment