Saturday, May 8, 2021

The Back Story of the Goddess

The Goddess by Marla L. Niederer


I am teaching the Goddess online starting next week and thought I would share a little about her back story with you.

I created the Goddess during a time when I felt the world needed more compassion and healing.

The Goddess by Marla L. Niederer


The Goddess represents Kuan Yin.  For those unfamiliar with Kuan Yin, she is known by many as the Goddess of Compassion, the one who hears the cries of all beings.

She is also known in Buddhism as a Bodhisattva, one who puts off Nirvana in order to liberate all sentient beings. It is a complete act of selflessness and compassion.

The Goddess by Marla L. Niederer


Many representations of Kuan Yin depict her as a beautiful Asian woman in flowing gowns carrying a vessel filled with the waters of compassion. She is often depicted standing or seated upon a lotus blossom.

In this interpretation of Kuan Yin, I chose to place a hand crafted and hand painted lotus blossom upon her head as a headdress.  She wears a skirt and shawl of hand painted cheesecloth which represent the waters of compassion.  Her costume is hand beaded with silver lined glass beads. 

The Goddess by Marla L. Niederer


I hope to see you in class soon.  For more information about the class and to sign up just click on the picture below.

 

The Goddess Online class with Marla L. Niederer


You can find out about my self-study classes by clicking on the picture below.  I just added two new ones to my shop!

 

Self Study Classes by Marla L. Niederer


 

You can find out about the Little Lion Art doll I have for sale by clicking on the picture below.

 

Little Lion by Marla L. Niederer


You can find out about all the free tutorials I offer by clicking on the picture below.  It will also bring you to my newest free video tutorial on how to needle sculpt a cloth doll nose if you missed it last week.

 

Free Tutorials by Marla L. Niederer


If you want to find out more about me click on my picture below.

 

About Me


Until next time…….

 

warm hugs,

 

Marla

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment