Saturday, October 3, 2020

Queen Ann inspired Dolls on my Worktable

I thought I would share what has been on my worktable over the past few weeks.

Queen Ann inspired dolls by Marla L. Niederer

These are two 9 & ½” tall needle sculpted cloth ball jointed dolls inspired by Queen Ann dolls.

Queen Ann inspired doll by Marla L. Niederer


Queen Ann inspired doll by Marla L. Niederer



I used tube watercolors to create two different skin tones for the dolls.  I then used watercolor pencils and artist pens to add the facial detailing.

Queen Ann inspired dolls by Marla L. Niederer


They are both in the costuming phase.

Queen Ann inspired doll by Marla L. Niederer


Queen Ann inspired doll by Marla L. Niederer


I had so much fun creating these shoes!

Shoes for Queen Ann inspired doll by Marla L. Niederer



I will create hairdos and pretty little hats for them next.

 

There is still time to sign up for the two classes I am teaching at the Art Connection Summit which begins next Thursday.  I am teaching Bear and Raccoon Magic, an online step by step downloadable video class at the Art Connection Summit next week.  You can find out more about the class by clicking on the picture below.

  

Bear and Raccoon Magic online video step by step class


I’m also teaching an online step by step downloadable video class on how to create a bead embroidered necklace called Dia De Los Muertos at the Art Connection Summit.  You can find out more about the class by clicking on the picture below.

 

Dia De Los Muertos Necklace online video step by step class


I have just added a Lion Art Doll and some art doll Santas to my shop that you can see by clicking on this picture

 

Art Dolls for Sale


To find out about my self-study classes click on the picture below

 

Self Study Classes


For my free tutorials click on this picture.

 

Free Tutorials



To find out more about me click on my picture.

 

About Me


Until next time………

 

warm hugs,

 

Marla 

No comments:

Post a Comment